- 703 km / 440 miles
- 7 nights accommodation & bike guide included
- Baggage vehicle & mechanical support included
- Climb Corsica’s highest pass – the Col de Vergio (1,477m)
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Incredible coastal scenery
- Ride sections of the 2013 TdF route
Private Group? Dates above don’t suit?
Other dates available by arrangement – Contact us for details
Arrive at Bastia-Poretta Airport in Northern Corsica where you will be met by the Rather Be Cycling team. We’ll load our bikes and baggage onto the support van for the short transfer to the group hotel. We’ll then get settled into our rooms before building up the bikes and heading out for a 60km shake down ride or, if you wish, you can skip the ride and explore Bastia’s Citadel. The evening meal is usually the first time we’re all together as a group so we’ll eat and discuss the journey and adventures ahead.
60km / 38 miles. Overnight in Bastia in a hotel. Meal/s included: –
Ride from Bastia to Saint Florent. We set out at a steady pace and head Northwards following the coastal road around the Cape of Corsica. This is an exceptional ride where the scenery is both spectacular and wild with views out across the Med. We cross from East Coast to the West over the Col de la Sera (365m). This is a great days riding to loosen the legs for the journey to come.
125km / 78 miles. Overnight in Saint Florent in a hotel. Meal/s included: B & L
Ride from Saint Florent to Calvi. We leave the delightful bay of Saint Florent and cycle to the famous Desert des Agriates. We climb over the Col de Vezzu (311m) in order to reach the Balagne and it’s picturesque mountain villages. The views of the coast are spectacular from these heights and the mountainous region quite different to the night before.
110km / 69 miles. Overnight in Calvi in a hotel. Meal/s included: B & L
Ride from Calvi to Porto. Today we ride along what has too be one of the most beautiful Coastal roads in Europe and the dramatic coastline is accentuated along this section with mysterious wind shaped rocks lit up by the blazing sunshine. As we ride over the Col de Palmarella (408m) graet views of the Gulf of Girolata and Scandola Natural Reserve come into sight. What a day!
82km / 51 miles. Overnight in Porto in a hotel. Meal/s included: B & L
Are you riding or hiding today? It’s up to you. Today you can choose either to take a well deserved rest day on the beach or ride a classic loop from Porto. If you’re riding then we have a leisurely start today before heading out to tackle the Col de Sevi (1,101m) and complete a 100km loop from the hotel. Should you choose not to ride then there’s plenty to do – we’d suggest that you explore the Scandola Nature Reserve, a World Heritage Site, and the Calanches de Piana by boat.
100km / 62 miles. Overnight in Porto in a hotel. Meal/s included: B & L
Ride from Porto to Corte via Col de Vergio (1,477m). By now our legs are ready for the longest and highest climb on the Island, the Col de Vergio. The climb is not particularly steep but is a long ‘un at 34km. The surroundings are stunning and there’s plenty to take in on the ascent including the mystical Aitone Forest and the Speclunca Gorge. We’ll reap the reward on the descent and it’s a free wheel fest through the extraordinary Scala di Santa Regina as we ride towards Corte, the former capital of Corsica.
116km / 73 miles. Overnight in Corte in a hotel. Meal/s included: B & L
Ride from Corte to Lucciana. Leaving Corte we have saved the best till last with four cols to climb today before we reach our final destination! As the day, and trip, comes to an end we leave the mountains and descend towards the East Coast and town of Lucciana, which is just South of Bastia, and our final night’s hotel.
110km / 69 miles. Overnight in Lucciana. Meal/s included: B & L
Today, sadly, is departure day so it’s time to bag or box up the bikes and catch the single, timed transfer back to the Airport after breakfast.
Meal/s included: B
- 7 nights Hotel accommodation*.
- All meals as detailed in the trip overview above.
- Meal Key: B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner. Please note that all lunches are picnic style and are designed to suit cyclist’s appetites.
- Airport Transfer from Bastia-Poretta Airport to Bastia on Day 1 of the trip based around Easy Jet arrivals from Manchester & London Gatwick.
- A single, timed post breakfast transfer from Lucciana to Bastia-Poretta Airport on Day 8 of the trip.
- All baggage transfers in our baggage vehicle.
- The services of a Rather Be Cycling Trip Leader.
- The services of a vehicle driver / assistant.
- A daily provision of Clif Bar nutritional products.
- Access to commonly required tools, mechanical advice & assistance.
*All accommodation is allocated and priced on a twin occupancy basis. Please contact us for Single Occupancy Rates.
What’s Not Included
- International and / or Domestic Flight/s to and from the start and end points of the trip.
- Visa/s if necessary.
- Travel Insurance – Compulsory.
- Evening Meals in the Group Hotel are not included.
- Airport Transfer/s if arrival times are outside main group transfer timings.
- All drinks e.g. bottled water, coffees, teas, alcohol, etc.
- Entry fees e.g. to visitor attractions, boat excursions, etc.
- Spare / replacement bicycle parts & accessories e.g. tyres, tubes, brake blocks, wheel/s, etc.
- Other expenses e.g. souvenirs, additional food, laundry, etc.
- Tips – at your discretion.
- This is a road cycling holiday and a road, sportive or touring bike is ideal for this trip. We recommend 700x23c tyres and have found Michelin Pro 3 tyres to perform very well. Compact or triple gearing giving a bottom gear of between 30″ and 40″ is suggested for this trip. Alloy rims or carbon rims with alloy braking surfaces are preferable to full carbon rims for this trip.
- Your bike should be fully serviced, and thoroughly tested, before your holiday.