- 406km / 254 miles
- Remote villages, culture & himalayan views
- Super singletrack & jeep trails
- Rather Be Trip Leader & Nepalese biking guide
- 15 days / 14 nights
- Discover the real Nepal
- Adventure biking at its very best
- Fully supported & all bags transported
Arrive Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel. Today we build up our bikes and prepare for the adventure ahead. Due to different arrival times we meet up as a complete group for the first time in the evening and have a meal together in our hotel.
Overnight in Kathmandu in a 3 star hotel. Meal/s included: D
Ride from Kathmandu to Kakani. We soon leave the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu and start winding our way up through Nagarjun Forest until we reach Raniban – the Queens Forest. We then follow a singletrack and technical descent back to the sealed road before continuing our ascent to Kakani and the start of the Kathmandu Valley Rim proper.
52km / 33 miles – approx. 40% Off Road. Overnight camp in Kakani. Meal/s included: B, L & D
Ride from Kakani to Sundarijal via Budhanikantha. There’s nothing like a downhill start on a flowing piece of singletrack to begin the day and this is a cracker. Downhill all the way to Gurju Bhanjang, we just keep descending until we reach our accommodation for the night.
32km / 20 miles – 100% Off Road. Overnight in Sundarijal in a lodge. Meal/s included: B, L & D
Ride from Sundarijal to Chisopani. Following the valley rim we continue on our journey to Chisopani (which means cold water in Nepalese) with a steady off road climb. Today’s as much about savouring the amazing environment and views as it is about riding.
22km / 14 miles – 100% Off Road. Overnight in Chisopani in a lodge. Meal/s included: B, L & D
Ride from Chisopani to Nagarkot. The views en route today more than compensate for any climbing we have to do to reach the hill station village of Nagarkot.
20km / 13 miles – 100% Off Road. Overnight camp in Nagarkot. Meal/s included: B, L & D
Ride from Nagarkot to Dhulikel. An off road downhill start to Nala and then a short section on the road to Panauti. Leaving Panauti we head off road for some more trails then make our camp for the next two nights in Dhulikel.
45km / 28 miles. Overnight camp in Dhulikel. Meal/s included: B, L &D
A ride out from Dhulikel. Today is a rest day – Rather Be style. So we set off a little later than usual and immediately hit the trails. Heading down to Panchkhal where we have a rest and a bite to eat before climbing back up to Dhulikel on the sealed road. Not your regular rest day.
30km / 19 miles. Overnight camp in Dhulikel. Meal/s included: B, L & D
Ride from Dhulikel to Lakure Bhanjyang. We start today with a short section of sealed road and then we commence another classic day’s Nepali riding. Rejoining the rim after a short climb to Lakure Bhanjyang we savour the situation and camp here for the night.
28km / 17.8 miles. Overnight camp in Lakure Bhanjyang. Meal/s included: B, L & D
Ride from Lakure Bhanjyang to Godavari. It’s an up and down day today. Starting with a descent to Sisneri and then a climb to Kotdanda we pack in another descent before stopping for lunch at Godavari. It ain’t over yet though as we tackle another climb to Kotdanda before enjoying a swooping singletrack into camp.
35km / 21.8 miles – 100% Off Road. Overnight camp at Godavari. Meal/s included: B, L & D
Ride from Godavari to Pharping. A glorious day’s riding and as we are fuelled by Daal Bhaat when we arrive in Pharping, we may well be ……..
30km / 19miles. Overnight camp in Pharping. Meal/s included: B, L & D
Ride from Pharping to Kulekhani. It’s a gentler day today with a gradual climb up a jeep track to our campsite at Kulekhani.
32km / 20 miles. Overnight camp at Kulekhani. Meal/s included: B, L & D
Ride from Kulekhani to Titsung. Fit and raring to go we take off along another jeep track that winds its way to our destination at Titsung.
25km / 16 miles. Overnight camp at Titsung. Meal/s included: B, L & D
Ride from Titsung to Kathmandu. A final downhill blast to Naubise then a climb brings us back to Kathmandu – completing our “spin around the rim”.
55km / 34 miles. Overnight in Kathmandu in a 3 star hotel. Meal/s included: B & L
Today we take in a morning’s sightseeing tour of Kathmandu visiting a couple of the city’s historic and / or religious sights. The afternoon is free for a bit of shopping, or chilling out. We pack our bikes ready for our departure tomorrow.
Overnight in Kathmandu in a 3 star hotel. Meal/s included: B
Free time in Kathmandu until it’s time for your transfer to Kathmandu Airport from our hotel.
Meal/s included: B
- 14 nights accommodation* as detailed in the trip overview.
- All meals as detailed in the trip overview.
- Meal Key: B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner.
- Kathmandu Airport transfers to / from group hotel on arrival & departure days only.
- All baggage transfers in our baggage vehicle.
- The services of a Nepali Bike Guide.
- The services of a, UK qualified, Rather Be Cycling Trip Leader – ALL GROUP SIZES.
- The services of a baggage vehicle driver / assistant / crew.
- Access to commonly required tools and mechanical advice & assistance.**
- A half day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu.
*We use a 3 star hotel when staying in Kathmandu (3 nights). When cycling we use a mix of full service camping and lodge accommodation. All accommodation is allocated and priced on a twin occupancy basis. Please contact us for Single Occupancy Rates.
**Please note that whilst we are prepared for the most likely mechanical issues we cannot carry spare parts / tools to deal with all eventualities. Please ensure your bike is fit for purpose before your trip – we are happy to advise you.
What’s Not Included
- International and / or Domestic Flight/s to and from the start (joining) point and end (departure) points of the trip.
- Any excess baggage charges relating to outbound and / or return flights.
- Visa/s as required.
- Travel Insurance – compulsory.
- All drinks e.g. bottled water, coffees, teas, alcohol, etc.
- Spare / replacement bicycle parts & accessories e.g. tyres, tubes, wheels, etc.
- Other expenses e.g. souvenirs, additional food, etc.
- Tips – at your discretion but encouraged for the local guide and crew.
- Certain meals on certain days – please refer to the trip overview.
- Your spending money.
- A modern, good quality mountain bike – hard tail with front suspension or full suspension – is ideal for this trip. We suggest 2.1 mixed terrain off road tyres at minimum.
- Your bike should be fully serviced, and thoroughly tested, before your holiday.