- 662km / 414 miles of riding
- Baggage vehicle & mechanical support
- Place to Place / Airport to Airport Route
- Iconic Italian towns, villages & landscapes
- 7 days / 6 nights
- Ride the race route to San Remo
- Fausto Coppi’s Piemonte
Sun 13 July – Sat 19 July 2014
Sun 10 Aug – Sat 16 Aug 2014
Sun 7 Sept – Sat 13 Sept 2014
Arrive at Venice Marco Polo Airport between 12:00 & 16:00. Build-up bikes and then ride to our accommodation in the Mestre area. Bike bags and luggage transferred to accommodation in our baggage vehicle (after last arrival/s at Venice Marco Polo Airport).
20km / 13 miles. Overnight in the Mestre area. Meal/s included: D
Ride from Mestre to Mantova. A lovely day’s riding, initially skirting the Venetian Lagoon, before crossing the rich landscape of the Veneto as we seek out the quieter roads. Once we’ve cleared Mestre this is one of the most tranquil landscapes we’ve ridden through.
160km / 100 miles. Overnight in Mantova area. Meal/s included: B, L & D
Ride from Mantova to Piacenza. Classic Italy – savouring La Dolce Vita on two wheels, with stops for odd espresso or two. Does it get any better than this …?
103km / 64 miles. Overnight in the Piacenza area. Meal/s included: B, L & D
Ride from Piacenza to Novi Ligure. Today we ride on roads that would have been familiar to one of cycling’s truly great Champions, Fausto Coppi. Time permitting we will pay a visit to Coppi’s home village of Castellania before heading into Novi and our hotel.
124km / 78 miles. Overnight in Novi Ligure area. Meal/s included: B, L & D
Ride from Novi Ligure to Savona. A shorter day today to allow plenty of time for a visit to the Museo dei Campionissimi – Museum of the Champions – in Novi before we roll out. We then join the route of the longest of the one day cycling “Classics”, Milan – San Remo. The Italian riviera is rightfully famous so we stop in Savona for the night.
90km / 56miles. Overnight in Savona. Meal/s included: B, L & D
Ride from Savona to Cap Martin. Coastal airs provide a cooling breeze as we following the riviera section of the Milan – San Remo race route. Later in the day we take in the iconic climbs of the Cipressa and the Poggio.
135km / 84 miles. Overnight in the Cap Martin area in a hotel. Meal/s included: B, L & D
Ride from Cap Martin to Nice Airport. Coastal ride to Nice Airport along the beautiful Promenade des Anglais. Rendezvous with baggage vehicle at Nice Airport, pack bikes and catch return flights (from 13:00 hrs onwards).
30km / 19 miles. Meal/s included: B
- 6 nights Hotel / Agritourismo accommodation*.
- All meals as detailed in the trip overview.
- Meal Key: B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner. Please note that all lunches are picnic style and are designed to suit cyclist’s appetites.
- All baggage transfers in our baggage vehicle.
- The services of a Rather Be Cycling trip leader.
- The services of a Rather Be Cycling baggage vehicle driver / assistant.
- A daily provision of Clif Bar nutritional products.
- Access to commonly required tools, mechanical advice & assistance.
*All accommodation is allocated and priced on a twin occupancy basis. Please contact us for Single Occupancy Rates.
What’s Not Included
- International and / or Domestic Flight/s to and from the start and end points of the trip.
- Visa/s if necessary.
- Travel Insurance – compulsory.
- All drinks e.g. bottled water, coffees, teas, alcohol, etc.
- Entry fees e.g. to visitor attractions, etc.
- Spare / replacement bicycle parts & accessories e.g. tyres, tubes, wheels, etc.
- Other expenses e.g. souvenirs, additional food, etc.
- Tips – at your discretion.
- This is a road cycling holiday and a road, sportive or touring bike is ideal for this trip. We recommend 700x23c tyres and have found Michelin Pro 3 tyres to perform very well. Compact or triple gearing giving a bottom gear of between 30″ and 40″ is suggested for this trip. Alloy rims or carbon rims with alloy braking surfaces are preferable to full carbon rims for this trip.
- Your bike should be fully serviced, and thoroughly tested, before your holiday.